Michelin Guide 2020 Predictions UK


The UK Michelin Guide 2020 will be officially unveiled on October 7th. Receiving a star is the pinnacle of achievement for many chefs and like many others in the industry, I'll be keeping a close eye on the results.

I thought I'd have a go at the new star awards; this is based on the feedback from review sources I respect including the other UK restaurant guides.

New 3 Star Awards

I think there's a really slim chance this year of Michelin upgrading any restaurants to 3 stars, but if Michelin were to take this unlikely step, my money would be on one of Sat Bains, L'Enclume or Core by Clare Smyth.

New 2 Stars

Ynyshir (North Wales)
Casamia (Bristol)
Lympstone Manor (Devon)

New 1 Star

Angel at Hetton (Yorkshire)
Lake Road Kitchen (Cumbria)
Benedicts (Norfolk)
Cornerstone (London)
Mana (Manchester)
Tast Catala - Enxaneta (Manchester)
Hipping Hall (Lancashire)
Alchemilla (Nottingham)

So will Manchester finally break it's dreaded Michelin curse? I honestly don't know, but it would be ironic if after waiting so long for a starred restaurant, 2 came along at once!